Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 2, Entry 2 - Mom gets home from work.

Helping mom play on the PS2. I make a lot of weird faces.



Dear Diary,

When the days get shorter the sun plays evil tricks on us. It begins to get dark earlier, confusing our minds. My brother, sister and I get hungry for dinner much sooner in the day than what we are accustomed to. By the time mom gets home, we nearly turn circles when we hear her keys outside the door. At least 2 of us are usually at the door to greet mom and remind her that it is time for supper. I usually see her and do a victory lap around the apartment. My victory laps are a quick navigation down the hallway, through the living room, in the far entrance of the kitchen, through the kitchen and finally ending up back at the front door.
When mom comes in, we all walk in front of her, in a hurried fashion. Sometimes she kicks us and then stumbles, and it's always our fault. Usually mom says "damn it Peanut, I'm sorry," but most of the time I'm completely unaffected by her tripping over me. Sometimes we walk so fast that our speed is just short of a run and we are walking on our very tippy-toes. When we walk like this our tails are straight up in the air and our fat pads on our tummies (except Mira she eats to live, doesn't live to eat) swing back and forth in our hurry. Our aim is to get her to follow us to the room in which we are fed, she often deviates the course whereby we have to stop short, turn back and attempt to get her attention again. This is frustrating for us but we keep trying until our obvious needs has been fulfilled.
Often, during breakfast and supper, we are locked in the room in which we eat. This is because mom "would like to enjoy her dinner and not share." We don't understand why its unacceptable that we dip our paws in her milk, cereal or other foods of high moisture content, lick our paw and repeat. We would let her eat our food any time she'd like.

I have very few teeth because along side of chronic rhino-sinusitis, I also had oral stomatitis. My gums were inflamed and very sore, I had a canine tooth that was broken off and had minor ulcerations on my tongue. Often, removing the teeth of dogs and cats with stomatitis is one of the best routes of curing the stomatitis. Sometimes I have to pick my dry food up with my paw and bring it to my mouth since I don't have all the teeth necessary to pick up the last few kibble in my bowl. My gums and palate have grown accustomed to eating dry food and I do get wet food when I need supplements and medicine. I don't mind either way. Any day my mouth doesn't hurt and my boogers don't hang from my whiskers like Christmas tree tinsel is a good day to me! 
Sometimes my lip flips up because I'm missing teeth and if I had an actual speaking voice, I'd probably talk with a wisp ... lisp. 

Until later,

Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment